Product Release Changelog
Here at Spell, we’re releasing new features, fixing bugs, and updating documentation daily. This changelog is an account of user-facing changes updated on a monthly cadence. For more information please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve implemented Google SSO and Oauth for all users! With this update, users can conveniently and securely sign up and log in to Spell via their existing Google accounts. Additionally, users belonging to an org can take advantage of Google authentication features such as enabling 2-factor authentication for their org members. Existing users can choose to link their accounts to Google SSO or use our existing Spell authentication system.
Multiple models in model servers
We've added direct support for multi-model model servers as well as 0-model model servers. Some relevant changes include updating the
spell server serve [model] [entrypoint] to now
spell server serve [model1, model2 ...] [entrypoint], as well as
spell server models add and
spell server models rm commands.
JupyterLab 3.0 Extension Upgrade
Spell has upgraded from major version 2 to JupyterLab 3.0 released in January 2021. Among the many improvements, notably users can now directly can now
pip install $JUPYTERLAB_EXTENSION_PACKAGE_NAME and the extension will work next time you launch JupyterLab.
Other improvements and fixes
- [Runs, Workspaces, Model Servers] Added full support for
requirements.txtspecifications handling, including comments, multi-line requirements, and options such as
- [Runs] Upgraded default AMI used for orchestration to include latest changes in Conda and Jupyter
- [Runs] Improved error message when improper file is mounted
- [UX] Various style updates to web console sidebar for improved readability
- [UX] Fixed display bugs for displaying empty state model servers pages when user has no cluster set up
- [UX] Consolidated user and billing information tabs for more efficient navigation
- [UX] Graphical updates to web console tabs
- [UX] On account creation, directly link to web login when user email validates account
- [UX] Redesigned billing module for developer accounts to fix inconsistent styling and display bugs
- [UX] Display raw logs button in run page even when logs display module has not fully loaded
- [UX] Fixed bug in accounts page that constantly displayed “missing token”
- [Model servers] Add warnings for newly available kube cluster versions when running spell kube-cluster command
- [Model servers] Rearranged model serving cURL params for easier editing
- [Model servers] Changed model server web console headers to breadcrumb-style for improved readability
- [Docs] Updated installation instructions on self-serve trial signup
- [Docs] Refreshes and updates to documentation for Workspaces, Resources, Tensorboard / WandB integrations pages
- [Docs] Small fixes to section headers and links for Quickstart and Workflows documentation